Linux Audio "VCR"?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Mar 25 09:51:15 CST 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 07:47 pm, Leo Mauler wrote:

> And apparently "at" is a lot easier to get going: I
> think I'm doing the cron thingy right and I can't get
> any jobs to run (not even "run ls every minute from
> 6pm to 7pm on any month, day of the month, or day of
> the week.").

Even if you did, you wouldn't necessarily see any output unless you had mail
working on the sytem - cron mails the output to the owner of the crontab.

I would suggest that first you get the command you want cron to run working
from a shell file - sometimes there are tricky escapes required for arguments
that aren't required on the command line - then make sure that you use
crontab -e to create the file.  Also, make sure cron is actually running
(chkconfig or rc-status should tell you).