Linux Audio "VCR"?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 19:44:45 CST 2005

Wow, a different uncompressed encoding than WAV (brain
explodes).

Any suggestions as to what I should be using?  I've
never used any non-MP3/OGG audio format other than
WAV.

--- Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 March 2005 11:05 pm, Leo Mauler
> wrote:
>
> > The problem is that after about an hour of
> recording
> > the WAV file develops pops and crackles, and
> starts
> > losing sections of the recording.
>
> It seems to me that I remember that to be a problem
> with the WAV file format,
> and/or the file size reaching the point where it's
> no longer stored in RAM.
> You might try a different encoding.

And I always thought: the very simplest words
Must be enough. When I say what things are like
Everyone's heart must be torn to shreds.
That you'll go down if you don't stand up for yourself
Surely you see that.

  -- Bertolt Brecht