Linux radio question

Richard A. Franklin RAldenFranklin at everestkc.net
Thu Mar 24 12:52:12 CST 2005

Thanks Leo.

Again, Streamtuner is what I was needing, and what a found right after
posting that question weeks ago (not that everyone does or should read
everything in their inboxes).

If you are using RPM's, the Streamtuner and Streamripper (required
package) RPM's are easily Google-found. Actually, it was the last thing
I installed and used before dumping SUSE in favor of a Mepis desktop.

Streamripper is installed by default in Mepis, so all I needed to do is
"apt-get install streamtuner", and I had instant access to hundreds of
streams.

Like, RadioPower.org progressive talk from the Shoutcast directory. (I
am now OT). I catch Thom Hartman there, who is a breath of fresh air in
a world of "2+2=5" reactionary right-wing media propaganda. He is
probably considered to be liberal,  but I find him to be delightfully
moderate. Anyway, it beats listening to Imus "grunt" into his microphone.

Rick