Linux Audio "VCR"?

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:19:35 CST 2005

Well, assuming you can handle getting the proper channel tuned and
sending audio to your line-in, it should be a simple matter of a cron
job (cron being a root word for time, and the name of a linux command
that runs in the background similar to Windows Scheduler) and your
favorite command line recording program.  Every distro provides some
form of cron, and it seems each one is special in its own unique way.
You should consult the manuals of your distro for specific advice, and
I think I found a good place to start with mandrake here:

http://doc.mandrakelinux.com/MandrakeLinux/100/en/Command-Line.html/command-sheduling.html#command-cron

You may have to dig around more to find the exact setup you need, or
perhaps some fancy GUI interface to the cron job file.

Justin Dugger