Dune Parody skit. Was RE: whitewigs

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 21:15:29 CST 2005

--- Brian Kelsay <Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov> wrote:
> Good luck w/ that one.  Get ready to convert
> everything to base 16 or was it 20 or some other
> strage figure.  I do recall it has something to do
> w/ the solar cycles and that it abruptly ends at
> some point ...
Nothing as simple as using one base. It works on
cycles 7,13,20 and as far as I know no one is quite
sure when it ends. There are multiple points where it
could end. One being in 2012. However it could also
extend a lot further. I don't have my sources handy so
can't be sure of all my numbers.

And as far as not knowing how to deal with problems.
Simply because someone hasn't had a problem and is
oblivious to them doesn't mean a person is clueless
about possible problems. Like not setting the proper
timezone or running ntpdate first and reading the man
pages and howtos before setting up an ntpd daemon.

Brian D.