whitewig

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Mar 16 21:48:26 CST 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 01:20 pm, Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student)
wrote:

> >"ethically motivated hackers who work entirely within
> >the law; the whitehats of the whitehats" about

> I'm confused.  Do it use the term "hacker" properly or as most people
> use it?

The term "hacker" includes the concept of "cracker", unless the latter is
being used to distinguish a subset of the former.  "Hacker" and it's meaning
pre-date computers.

We man stamp our feet and throw a snit about the niceties of it, but that's
reality.