Semi-OT: Programming Question

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 22:33:33 CST 2005

This sounds kind of like a homework assignment.
But, why not use an object model. If you are looking
to make the data and the functions dynamic objects are
the way to go, by encapsulating the functions and
variables in the objects and thus allow them to be
overridden. Even though I consider them over used. You
could also use templating and the data formats are
defined at run-time. Of course this costs you in
processing.
While you're making this modle don't forget the Linux
world, you ought to give some thought to OS
portability.
Lastly, C# is an interpreted language. C is a compiled
language. If C# was a compiled language then there
would be no need for Mono on Linux, one could just
build a C# compiler to be part of the gnu compiler
family. Some might argue that C# is a compiled
language because it cinverts the code to byte code,
just like Java. But really you still need that byte
code interpreter to run it. It may be a bit more
optimized or compressed by this means making it more
efficient than run-of-the-mill interpreted languages,
but it's still interpreted. Ok, so maybe I'm a purist,
but I don't see doctors calling aspirin a cure or a
vaccine for headaches.

Brian Densmore