Databases

James Sissel jimsissel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 08:45:58 CST 2005

> II, DB III, DB IV.

Better dBase products came out that were cheaper (MUCH
cheaper).

> What other databases have died anybody?

It's not dead but it might as well be.  The best damn
PC based database ever written.  FoxPro!  They were
well ahead of their time.  And then Micro$oft bought
them out.

They came out with a very buggy version 2.5 and then
charged you $20 for the patches which they called
version 2.6.  Version 3 was a piece of crap.  Version
4 went ???? because the next version was version 5.
Starting Version 3 good old Micro$oft killed the dbase
language and put in their Visual Basic (gag, choke).

Of course Micro$oft already had their "database"
product called Access.  IMHO, the biggest piece of
coding shit ever written.  So they aren't pushing
FoxPro.  I've unfortunately used Access from Version
2.0 up to now Version 2003 (when are we going to stop
this naming for the year BS?)  You'd think they could
get it right in that amount of time.

I pray for the day that Micro$oft goes under.