Oracle

Frank Wiles frank at wiles.org
Tue Mar 8 11:32:47 CST 2005

On Tue,  8 Mar 2005 09:44:43 -0600
Dave Hull <dphull at insipid.com> wrote:

> MySQL is much easier to manage than Oracle, IMHO. But if you're
> dealing with money, it's probably a safer bet to stick with Oracle,
> though I'm not sure that's going to be true for much longer.

  If you're dealing with money... now that is a silly reason.  Oracle
  is no more safe than PostgreSQL, it's called making a good backup.

  I use PostgreSQL every day for money related transactions in the
  hundreds of thousands of dollars.

  Oracle is really only necessary if you need to run a HUGE database
  across multiple servers.  Otherwise, it's just a waste of money.