OT: Apple and Intel

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:16:28 CDT 2005

Whoops, first post went awry.

"After Jobs' presentation, Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller
addressed the issue of running Windows on Macs, saying there are no
plans to sell or support Windows on an Intel-based Mac. "That doesn't
preclude someone from running it on a Mac. They probably will," he
said. "We won't do anything to preclude that."
However, Schiller said the company does not plan to let people run Mac
OS X on other computer makers' hardware. "We will not allow running
Mac OS X on anything other than an Apple Mac.""