"Bad Geometry"

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Jun 6 09:40:33 CDT 2005

You might try to run QTParted from a Knoppix disk or other LiveCD.

I've had what seems like a similar problem with Windows or Partition
Image (by Power Quest, the Partition Magic people), not liking the
beginning or ending place of partitions created in Linux.  Usually the
error I get is that the CHS (cylinder, head, sector) and LBA (logical
block addressing) figures don't match.  I haven't researched why this
happens though.  I've alternatively let Windows fix it and both Oses
were happy or ignore it with no ill effects.

I imagine it is the info written to the partition table on the drive
that is not liked.