on the IBM patent "donation" to OSS

Oren Beck oren_beck at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:25:39 CST 2005

I am watching the software patent issue with grim depression .
For the moment the motives of IBM are indeterminate of effect .

And my personal feeling is that patents inherently hatch anti-social
feedbacks . Rewarding the few who can jump thru hoops .
Seldom enriching other than the entrenched capital vultures.
Punishing the mundane with inflationary oligarchy.
  Feeding all that festers in such manure .
  Rewards for works can be accomplished in ways less conducive to evil .
  It's just a bit of a mental reach .
The conventional wisdoms on patents are often disconnected from reality .
Enumerating the realities would be way OT compared to posting a link .

http://www.tinaja.com/patnt01.asp

Don Lancaster has a good  track record of results .
You could do well by learning from his writings .

Oren Beck

" I've been watching the rollbacks- not Wal-marts, But the roll back
  of our civil liberties. Will they roll back to 1788 ? "