DSL Modem/Router wanted

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Jan 25 07:28:07 CST 2005

> Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> Anybody have a DSL modem/router they want to get rid of?  I need
> ethernet or PCMCIA (never seen one), not USB.

In case you were wondering: Yes, I would be getting RoadRunner if I could, but
they don't have service in Andover, England.  I'm not even sure a U.S. spec
DSL modem will work in the U.K., but it's worth a shot.

My wife got DSL from British Telecom, who's customer service policy is "we
don't care, we don't have to, we're not only the phone company we're the
government".  They gave her a USB modem, and the older IBM laptop she has
won't support it under either Windows98 or Mandrake 9.x.