Fwd: Briefcase computer. Since we're on Laptops

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Jan 25 07:07:42 CST 2005

Leave some extra time for when they pull you out of line and have to wait on a supervisor's approval to let you on.  Laptop carriers sometimes are asked to turn them on to verify that they are a working computer.  What will you do if they ask you to do this and you have no monitor?
Good Luck and you may want to call ahead.   Can you imagine that a bunch of PC parts in a cheap toolbox might look vaguely like a bomb to someone that doesn't know better?

Brian Kelsay

>>> djgoku <djgoku at gmail.com> 01/24/05 04:11PM >>>
> Will airport security let my homemade computer on the plane?

You should be alright as long as it can pass through an xray. Laptops
usually have to be taken out of the carrying case and placed in a
seperate bin. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't let you get
through they might ask you to open it.