Dell

James R. Sissel JimSissel at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 20:29:21 CST 2005

At 08:17 PM 1/24/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:57:54 -0600, Jonathan Hutchins
><hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> > > Dell has always had a pretty decent reputation for rock-solid hardware.
> >
> > Gotta watch that "a" word.

In the 9 Dell desktop PCs we installed in my department at work a year ago
we've already had 2 hard drive failures, 2 NIC failures, and one dying
monitor.  All different PCs.

7 years ago we installed 45 Compaqs and in the first year we had 5
motherboard failures and 3 monitor failures.  By the end of the 30 month
lease the monitor failure had risen to over 10.

Does anyone make reliable PCs anymore?