SInce we're on Laptops

lerninlinux at comcast.net lerninlinux at comcast.net
Sun Jan 23 23:36:42 CST 2005

I've half been thinking about that Via laptop that Walmart sells.  Anyone have a Via processor that they have experience with?  By no means would it be a power machine, and the memory would be upgraded,  I just want data portability, network diagnostics capibility, and a chance to play around with War Driving.  All but the Wardriving could be acheived by a modded Briefcase computer I've been threatening to build, out of an old 900 (either amd or intel ) I have.

I've been looking to upgrade my machines possibly, but if this is a No on the Via, then I'll probably just wait as I am arguing with myself over an AMD 64 desktop of Laptop for my next system.

Thanks
Randal