Dual-Booting XP?

Bill Cavalieri bcavalieri at lumensoftware.com
Sun Jan 23 20:09:47 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 15:33 -0600, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> Is there an issue with using Lilo (or Grub) to dual boot with XP?  I've never
> had any trouble with NT, although I didn't bother to skip the NTLoader, so I
> had two boot managers running at startup if I chose NT.

My daughter dual boots SuSE 9.2 and WinXP Home with grub just fine.
Wifes box used to dual boot SuSE 9.1 and WinXP Home, but she has no need
for windurs anymore so the partition was removed.  In both these cases
WinXP was installed first, with SuSE handling the dual boot setup.

I setup dual boot Gentoo and WinXP Pro for my brother, again grub, no
problems.  In this case Gentoo was installed first, with WinXP Pro
coming in after the install, either way being Gentoo, this was a manual
config of grub.

-Bill