Laptop for truck driving job

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 16:05:04 CST 2005

Will you be buying this laptop in a BestBuy or CircuitCity? If so take
a knoppix cd with you and boot to it and see if everything works. You
may not be able to use the networking part, but I guess you could just
try pinging 127.0.0.1. I would say go with a laptop with Nvidia for
video. Will you be using wireless? I don't have much experience with
this but I hear orinocos are a good nic for wireless. I have a Toshiba
Tecra M2 from work that I installed gentoo on, the only problems I had
were with wireless (ipw2200) but that is now working, the native
drivers had just came out when I was trying to get Gentoo on it.

Thanks,

Jonathan