MythTV

Curt Box cbox at kc.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 00:59:42 CST 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 09:28 pm, you wrote:
> Yeah Curt Just a few days ago I got mine working after many attempts
> with fedora and mandrake. If you bought yours at microcenter like I did
> and it is model 980 like it says on the box your tuner type is not
> phillips like most the other I guess. if you peel back the sticker on
> the tuner you will likely see an LG stamped on it. That is tuner 39. So
> unlike what the instructions say on www.wilsonet.com/mythtv it does not
> auto-detect tuner type. You do have to have this line in your
> modprobe.conf like so.
>
> They show you only needing---
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
>
> You also need after this---
> options ivtv tuner=39
>
> That cleared my problem right up.

Added the above and nothing has changed, already had a script that sets the
tuner type=39. I've googled for hours and can only find others seeking a
solution to the "I can't change channels with my PVR-250/350 problem."

> If you want my source for my fix I got it off another site where a guy
> was doing a mandrake 10.1 install with almost the exact same hardware. I
> had better success though using fedora core 3 personally.
>
> http://www.byopvr.com/Sections
> +index-req-viewarticle-artid-13-page-1.html

The above url is what I printed out and used as my guide in installing Mythtv
Rats.... :'(

> Hope this helps.
> Adrian
>
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 16:58 -0600, Curt Box wrote:
> > I've finally struggled through the mysql (no prior experience) portion of
> > setting up a MythTV system and am now having issues with a new Hauppauge
> > PVR-250.  I have the program guide working, can run mythtvsetup, access
> > all the menus, etc. Unfortunately, if I choose "Watch TV" all I get is
> > channel 4. Any attempt to change channels fails, which causes me to
> > suspect that my tuner is incorrectly defined... or the module is not

From Wordnet:
1. propaganda -- (information that is spread for the purpose of promoting some
cause)