DHCP Fingerprint (was: Re: OT: Free Wireless Internet in KC)

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Thu Jan 20 09:35:24 CST 2005

Quoting Frank Wiles <frank at wiles.org>:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:41:16 -0600
> Dave Hull <dphull at insipid.com> wrote:
>
> > <shameless_slef_promotion>
> > What's this article on Next Generation DHCP Deployments all about?
> > </shameless_self_promotion>
>
>   Ooh congrats. I'll make a point of reading it.  Definitely have to
>   keep up on DHCP.

IMHO, the most interesting parts of the article are the bits about how we're
using DHCP to passively and remotely fingerprint operating systems on our
network.

I'm going to try and write for them again in the future, most of the things I
could write about that are interesting are too platform/distribution specific,
or so I gather.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com