old hardware reminiscers support group

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jan 19 08:51:09 CST 2005

You win, i think.
Drat, drat and double drat!

If I'd only kept that SW receiver I built in 1972,
or the transmitter my brother built in the 60s
complete with vacuum tubes.

So anyone ever use any of the HAM radio options
in the kernel? And what's up with that anyway?
What use is HAM radio to a computer? Computer generated
Morse code? Like there's any living mortal that could
translate that! Now using a Linux computer to track a
model rocket's statistics, that would be useful! I need to
get out and do some model rocketry. Any local places to
shoot off some really *BIG* suckers? I know they've got
something out Kansas way, but can't remember where. But something
up NorthEast here would be nice. Want to get my grandkids
involved (ugh, grandfather at 34!).