OT: Free Wireless Internet in KC

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Jan 17 08:49:18 CST 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 08:16 am, Gerald Combs wrote:

> That hasn't stopped them from using UMKC/MOREnet connectivity in the
> past.  Is the LHL-to-Newcomb Hall fiber connection still in place?

I would imagine that Linda Hall wants to implement an access policy that's
appropriate to their own users, rather than require any of their users to
have UMKC accounts and following UMKC's rules.

UMKC's "service" staff takes the term "user hostile" to a whole new level.  I
doubt many businesses would want to let the U dictate the policies applied to
their clients, or to rely on the them for customer support.

(This is a matter of administrative policy, usually not due to the preferences
or ability of the staff.)