sbc dsl and linksys firewall config issues

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 19:55:48 CST 2005

hmm maybe we're having MTU problems then.  I have a netgear attached to
SBC DSL and spoofing the MAC address of the original computer we
subscribed with.
Most things work perfectly, after manually setting the DNS on the inside network
to SBC's settings -- apparently netgear's DNS proxying is broken as it
advertises
itself with in the DHCP, which only works very irregularly -- I can do
a traceroute
and the occasional hop is identified but not many -- some web sites,
such as yahoo
webmail, return empty pages.  I will try lowering the MTU on my laptop
and see if
yahoo web-mail cheers up.