OT: Free Wireless Internet in KC

Brig C. McCoy mccoyb at lindahall.org
Sun Jan 16 10:39:34 CST 2005

FWIW, I just set up free wireless access for UNO Chicago Grill in their
Plaza location (4710 Jefferson) a couple weeks ago using the Linux-based
ZONECD product... they don't have the advertising in place, but the
system's up and working. :)

The ZONECD stuff works great <http://www.publicip.net/>... once I
realized there was a bug in the wireless router's firmware which left
DHCP running after I'd turned it off through the router's web interface.

We'll be using ZONECD to provide free wireless access at the Linda Hall
Library within a couple weeks... it's all configured and ready to go,
just a case now of getting the boss to approve the Acceptable Use
Policy.

...brig