OT: Free Wireless Internet in KC

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 09:11:06 CST 2005

I'm off at an art fair with my artist wife in Oklahoma
City.  Our hotel didn't come with free wireless
internet, but the IHOP across the street did.  I'm
sending this E-mail from that very IHOP (although the
signal was strong enough to reach out to the parking
lot).

I'm curious: where in KC have people found equally
free (or free with a food purchase) wireless Internet
access?  I know some of the Panera Bread restaurants
have them, but it would be interesting to find out
places which already have it to schedule alternative
LUG and other computer group meeting locations.

I must sign off as the battery power in the laptop is
getting low.  Which is another thing: when you post
locations with free wireless Internet access, be sure
to note locations of power outlets as some of us have
laptops without good batteries.  This IHOP doesn't
really have a table with a power outlet near it.

=====
And I always thought: the very simplest words
Must be enough. When I say what things are like
Everyone's heart must be torn to shreds.
That you'll go down if you don't stand up for yourself
Surely you see that.

  -- Bertolt Brecht