Advises needed

Lim Cheng Siong csadmin at streamyx.com
Fri Jan 14 22:14:46 CST 2005

Hi There,

I am new to Fedora Linux and have just installed and get in running.
Have a couple of questions and would like to seek your advise...

1. I am using GNOME and wondering when I download program like Real
Player, how do I install the program like what we did in Windows where
the icons will appeared in desktop and in the Start menu?

2. Is there something in GNOME or in Linux like uninstall once we no
longer required that program?

3. What's the different between RPM and Package?

4. Does anyone encounter 'hang' when you try to update the patches from
redhat?