OT: State of the IT market in KC?

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Fri Jan 14 14:19:38 CST 2005

Quoting Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com>:

> Cerner has just set out to hire 400 new people, from what I hear. In general,
> companies are more willing to spend a little on technology than they were
> last year. I just went out on my own doing consulting and it's been good so
> far.

You're self employed now?

My brother left his full time gig a couple of months ago and has been hitting
the pavement hard in Lawrence. He's undercutting the competition a bit, but is
making more than he was making at his old job, although not if you factor in
benefits. He's been surprised at how many businesses are needing help and are
willing to pay for it.

I heard professionals on the radio a few weeks back speculating that '05 should
be a growth year for IT in the south and midwest, but that the east coast would
be flat or have negative growth.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com