Pressing a button in linux is too complicated

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Jan 14 11:09:45 CST 2005

Not that, or that, or that. No that either. Nope, the cable is
fine. Nope happens with many different CDs. And the ones it happens
to work fine in other CDs. It could be related to being an "old"
cheapo CDROM.

> 2) Hold down the shift key ... but each Winders is a bit
> different so I can't give more detail.
Exactly.

> 5) Ctl-Alt-Esc on NT/Win2k/XP, end any process that is not
> responding.  NT may want to reboot depending on what was
> frozen, the other 2 recover semi gracefully.  If you are
> using a 95/98/ME version, or you can't follow any of this
> free advice, my rates are.....
Only works if the application is accessible in the tree. Some applications are
hidden or run with administrator privilege and an "ordinary" user can't
stop them. Also some applications simply won't allow you to stop them.
So this has limited usefulness. True, there are some 3rd party utilities
that can overcome this, but you have to know what they are and have them
installed on your box.