Pressing a button in Linux is too complicated

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Jan 13 14:50:06 CST 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 12:09 pm, djgoku wrote:

> What are floppies? I thought those weren't used anymore. At least I
> try not to, but when I need to I would probably just create an .img
> and put on a boot cd. Floppies should be banned.

Floppies are handy when you need to move less than 1.5MB of data between
machines, and for booting in certain configurations.

My latest floppy projects were Dan's Boot-and-nuke, a handy one-floppy linux
distro that will wipe a hard drive, used for a bunch of old office machines
with CD's in various states of disrepair,  and trying to do an FTP install of
Mandrake on a laptop who's CD is dead.

Jonathan