best eye candy for Linux

Oren Beck oren_beck at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 11:06:35 CST 2005

David Nicol wrote:
> Has anyone used ratpoison enough to get comfortable with it?  How long
> did it take?

MY problem in comfortable use of ratpoison is a desire to lick my
fingers - you've seen my house etc eh ?
I prefer to use bar bait as spring cleanup is easier .

Seriously though , any keyboard based alternatives to pointer devices
are GOOD to have .
ratpoison is on my list of ways to make a lighter foot print install for
otherwise sluggish hardware .
The concept appeals to me despite my not being as you asked fluent in
it's daily use . The demo I saw was very impressive being run on a
modded Xbox to mitigate his lack of a mouse ! Supposedly that should
have NOT
run on that setup but somehow it did .

Oren Beck