best eye candy for Linux

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jan 12 14:43:27 CST 2005

Ok, I'll bite.

Instinctive response:
I try to avoid life reducing substances. How long it takes
depends on dosage.

Other response:
Looked up ratpoison in google. Since I'd
never heard of it as anything except a substance to avoid.
Still not certain what it is, other than knowing it is a
sparse window manager. Not sure if it runs on X or not as
there is no reference anywhere. Near as I can tell there is no
menu or desktop. I'd say it is not a very friendly or usable
interface and would question the reason for using it over the
CLI. In fact I'd go as far as saying the CLI is probably more
user-friendly than ratpoison. But then I would say the same thing
about some of the other window managers (like tvm). At least with
the CLI you can access help readily.

Confused In K.C.