stolen laptops (was Meeting time)

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sat Jan 8 09:35:04 CST 2005

Jim, in this weather I wouldn't leave a laptop in the car.  Some bad
stuff could happen to your liquid crystal or you could get some
moisture inside the device.  I wouldn't leave mine in the car if it is
over 75 degrees either and sunny.  Never leave them in direct sunlight
for an extended period.  The plastic casing can warp and you can again
damage the LCD.   When it is about 80-90 degrees out and you have your
car all rolled up, you can get 100-115 degree temps in the car.  (For
wass, this is an estimate, not a thermometer measured, dead on number.)

Just saying that there is more to protecting your hardware than locking
it up.