MSIE slipping further?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 01:30:37 CST 2005

This was also covered on a Slashdot story about how
employees of computing companies use the Internet:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/05/0122241&tid=95&tid=136&tid=109&tid=154&tid=1

or this TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/439p8

>From the Slashdot posting:

"VisitorVille Intelligence has released information on
how employees of several large companies use the web
based on their monitoring of thousands of websites.
Presumably using IP address blocks, they group company
employees together to produce some interesting facts
and figures: Microsoft employees use Google for their
searches 66% of the time, but MSN Search only 20% of
the time, and Firefox is their second most popular
browser behind Internet Explorer 6's whopping 98.76%
share. Google employees use Google as their search
engine 100% of the time and 21% use a Mozilla or
Firefox browser. Apple employees like Google best and
68% use Safari. 91% of Internap employees use Mozilla
or Firefox, Deutsche Telekom AG employees are the
biggest users of Linux, and 39% of Sun Microsystems
employees use SunOS. Other groups of interest to
Slashdot readers include: The White House, the United
Nations, The New York Times, Red Hat, and IBM."