MSIE slipping further?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sun Jan 2 18:38:16 CST 2005

On Sunday 02 January 2005 04:52 pm, Gerald Combs wrote:
> I was looking at my web site statistics for December, and the "Browsers"
> category shows the following percentages:

> According to the OS stats, 84.2% of the site's visitors were running
> Windows.  Is anyone else seeing numbers like this?

What are you using to analyse the logs?

Mine, via Webalyzer 2.01, show almost all MSIE, no FireFox as such.  I have
some odd entries like:

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gec"

Webalyzer doesn't seem to discriminate among significant vs. non-significant
portions of the browser string, so I have a lot of very trivial differences,
but it will give me every entry, so I can drill down to the single-hit level
and see some Cell Phone browsers and other itneresting items.