ServerWorks HT1000 vs nVidia

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Dec 20 07:52:41 CST 2005

 Serverworks makes awesome chipsets, but you talked about doing Raid.  You might want the second board with the built-in Raid option.  The only problem I see with your second board is the Marvell NIC chipset.  Not saying they are all bad, but I had lots of problems with a couple of models of Gateway computers with Marvell NICs.  Check to see if there are any Linux driver problems with those.  Otherwise, either one should be fine.