OT: Disaster Recovery Broadband Internet

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Tue Dec 13 18:31:16 CST 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 15:08, Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO wrote:
>  By CardBus slot, do you mean PC Card slot in a laptop?

My understanding is that the "correct" terminology is CardBus (equiv to PCI),
which is a newer form of PCMCIA (equiv to ISA).

> That is the only reason I could see to have it run off a car lighter jack,

The router runs off a car lighter jack and routes 802.11g via Sprint's stuff
using the CardBus card.

> but doubt this would support a big disaster recovery operation.

A few 802.11g bridges might be needed to expand the range, or multiple Sprint
accounts...