routing problem - fork on gateways

hanasaki hanasaki at hanaden.com
Wed Aug 31 16:06:21 CDT 2005

I am part way to the actual goal of one of the following:

put another NIC in the router and that new NIC goes physically to the
firewall on its own subnet

put the firewall on its own subnet and dual home the single NIC in the
router

Just haven't had time to figure out which is best and learn the
revisions needed to the iptables rules and routing and subnet masking etc.

must of my setups are automated with scripts.  clients get their IP's
with dhcp.  this includes mask, subnet, time server and router.  Wish I
could also require an ID/Pass to get an IP :)