SBC/ATT/NuVox Voice PRI ISDN

Patrick M pert at tas-kc.com
Wed Aug 24 15:29:32 CDT 2005

Don Erickson wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Patrick M wrote:
>
>> I added a ISDN/Voice question too?
>

> I don't understand what this sentence means.

I was trying to figure out what we thought of each for voice services in
addition to Data. I'll break down the specifics here.

SBC/NuVox/ATT.... how  do we like them?

ATT:  We have ATT now. Their contract has been up for over a year and
they have not raised prices. They have a good and working product. There
sales persons don't seem interested in renewing. They  cost us thousands
of dollars when they could not get us a firm install date, and then
changed it. They have given us no compensation. They say they deliver
ANI when CallerID is not available. They say they deliver Name with
Number on CallerID, but are not currently. Large local calling area. ATT
is about to merge with SBC. ATT delivers the correct name on cell phone
calls on my other Lines.

SBC:  Don't know what to think of SBC. Don't know if they are including
everything in there quote. They are saying the same thing as ATT. But
are aggressivly perusing a sale. Below tariff. Why can't they offer
everyone the same great price. Why fight for me if they will be losing
money? Will they screw me next time like they are everyone else. They
say they are not and have not been monopolistic. They are about to merge
with ATT. They are the ILEC. They don't deliver Name on calls from cell
phones. Will they raise their rates automatically and without notice
when the contract ends. Could I require SBC to deliver Wireless name as
a part of the contract.

NuVox:  NuVox says they offer one price and include everything. Can do
Call forward  & disconnect (2b Transfer) Without upgrading my
equipment.  They pull from a third party  DIP for Caller ID Name  but
that party gets there data directly from SBC (Will cell phones show name
vs "Wireless Call")

I do not feel it approperate to give prices. With these deals I am not
sure its allowed. I will state a range. You could get the same quote by
calling the companies yourself. ~$1500-2000 For about ~1000 numbers 2
pri and  ~512K Internet.

All prices seem to be about the same.