KNOPPIX 4.0 English DVD version released

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 14:08:05 CDT 2005

MicroCenter has 50 DVD spindles, plus or minus, for
$15 each.  Granted, they have 50 CD spindles for $10
each (and printable CD spindles for $11 each, 50 CDs),
but the cost of DVDs is approaching the cost of CDs a
lot faster than you think.

Yes it takes about twice as long to burn four times as
much data onto a DVD.  On the other hand, ITEC isn't
until the end of October and that leaves two months to
burn a couple hundred DVDs.

Anyway, having said all that in favor of the KNOPPIX
DVD edition, I think the technical issues alone are
enough to keep us from wanting to have the DVD edition
to hand out at ITEC.  The KNOPPIX DVD is so big and
unwieldy that most people will find it difficult to
use, especially people who have had no experience with
Linux.

If the KNOPPIX folks start to make a KNOPPIX DVD which
is much more streamlined and, to put it bluntly, more
like their CD version, then we could consider handing
them out at ITEC.

--- "Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO"