Making new language for kde?

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Aug 23 10:52:46 CDT 2005

At the risk of being obvious, follow the new translator's HOWTO, found
at the link you provided.  I've read through quite a bit of it before
and it all seemed reasonable.  With i18n and l10n manual translation for
most open source programs, there is a .pot or .po file or files that
must be translated first.  These typically contain error messages,
button labels and menu labels.

Start at the beginning of the HOWTO and read it through a few times.
Keep referring to it.  Ask if you need help understanding specific parts
of the translation HOWTO.  Your specific question of where to start with
KBabel should have lead you to:
http://i18n.kde.org/translation-howto/starting-translation.html