Text Editors

Jeremy Fowler JFowler at westrope.com
Thu Aug 18 14:11:18 CDT 2005

If doesn't matter on platform, I'd look into UltraEdit. http://www.ultraedit.com/ Probably the best all-around editor I've used. Packed with tons of features. UEStudio supposedly has even more programming orientated features, but I haven't used it.

You can get the Ruby extensions for syntax highlighting here: http://rubygarden.org/ruby/ruby?UltraEditExtensions

UltraEdit is Windows based, but I hear tales of you can get it running on Linux with Wine. People have been begging for years for a Linux version, no tell if one will ever be developed.

This guy has some info Ruby on Rails Development on Windows: http://brosinski.com/stephan/2005/06/14/ruby-on-rails-development-on-windows/