Security trivia on Linux

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Sep 27 10:21:57 CDT 2004

I'd say you have barely scratched the surface.  Do you just want a secure distro/ single box or do you want to monitor the network for security breaches and be able to find out info about those breaches or attacks?

Tripwire,  snort and snarf,  ethereal, nmap, several Knoppix-based security distros, Phlak, Debian hardened, Trustix, tin-foil hat Linux, etc.  I could think of more, but I got hit in the head over the weekend and have a killer headache.

Oh yeah, chroot and jail are the same thing.

Brian Kelsay

>>> hanasaki <> 09/26/04 10:13AM >>>
Security Linux?

<snip>

Oh.. Anything important missing in the below list?