Anyone seen the new Sun FileSystem

Oren Beck oren_beck at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 23:41:36 CDT 2004

Brian Kelsay wrote:

> Oren Beck wrote:
>
>> I brought some of this up at last night's breakfast . Some folks seem
>> to take this filesystem  with the usual  NaCl granule that all press
>> releases _should_be taken with , At worst that may be all that comes
>> of this - another stock puffer attempt based on a vaporware . I sense
>> that this *could* be different .
>> Again to be honest my detail skill in the esoterica of filesystems is
>> way below many others here.
>> SO some constructive review of this from folks who know truth from
>> vapor would help us all .
>

> Depending on the size of your granule, you may want to try chopping them
> up with a razor blade or the edge of a credit card.  At least until they
> pass easily through the rolled up hundred and are no longer irritating
> to the nose of the user.  Puffing is not the preferred method, a light
> inhalation through one nostril while holding the other closed will do
> just nicely.  It is unlikely you will get the particles small enough to
> be a vapor unless you perform some other action upon the granule, such
> as heating.  Please sharpen esoterica if you intend to use it in the
> kitchen and don't want to saw through your material.   Sharpening your
> tools is always time well spent.
> va·por  (va'per) n.
>
>    1. Barely visible or cloudy diffused matter, such as mist, fumes, or
>   smoke, suspended in the air.
>    2.
>          1. The state of a substance that exists below its critical
> temperature and that may be liquefied by application of sufficient
> pressure.
>          2. The gaseous state of a substance that is liquid or solid
> under ordinary conditions.
>    3.
>          1. The vaporized form of a substance for use in industrial,
> military, or medical processes.
>          2. A mixture of a vapor and air, as the explosive gasoline-air
> mixture burned in an internal-combustion engine.
>

>> And the comments about "cooling" or  areal density per device overlook
>> the bigger picture .
>> The crazy vision to me is a
>>

> I sense your confusion here.  Some fellows are very unaware of the names
> of female-specific tissues.  The areola is the small circle of tissue
> around the nipp..., well, never mind.  They do like to be blown on. Some
> prefer devices, but that is the exception, not the norm.  Your
> fetishists may like temporary jewelry or clamps, but others go so far as
> piercing. I would think that might hurt a lot.
>
>> We now have commodity external drives of 500 gig that at $1/gig and
>> dropping make spatial RAID an interesting viral  market . That office
>> having a fat pipe to the world that goes unused from 1700 to 0745
>> could make some credits in a new economy for hosting a piconode  .
>> Merely plugging some Videotape mailer sized boxes into a firewire port
>> and
>> AC - hit the web register interface and allocate XXX Gb  to the "pool"
> [...]
I have done 2 replys to this - one is in drafts and may mercifully stay
there .
THIS one is more blunt because the situation has gotten simply beyond
niceties .
MY post was placed above the silly ones to redirect to something I
failed at making my points about .
Some of us were interested in the filesystem on it's merits or lack of
IF we could have gotten that far .
Others have quite obviously passed judgment by their directing the
thread over the edge .
SO we disagree on verbiage and also on technical points .  That 's
possibly a stimulant to constructive traffic on a list.
Carrying that disagreement into Ad Hominem territory is not a good thing
For the list or it's members .
  Either to initiate or respond in kind to it . So On List  at least
let's not any of us go there .

Urinary competitions have no real winners of anything worthy !

Let's get back to the original thread topic after this hopefully
disposes of the silly stuff .
Because some of us may want to explore a potentially disruptive concept
as it is being born !

My closing banishment is directed at the miasma called discourtesy
festering among us .
Folks- let's be better than that .

Oren