Downloading Mac Stuff in Linux?

webgiant at juno.com webgiant at juno.com
Mon Sep 20 14:18:08 CDT 2004

I'd like to be downloading some legacy Mac software (pre-OS 8.6) for my brother-in-law's older PowerMac.  The problem is that the applications are  only available through bittorrent (the author doesn't have much bandwidth), and there are no pre-OS 8.6 BitTorrent clients to download it on his PowerMac or my equally old PowerMac (OS 8.1).

Every time I've copied a Mac file onto a PC floppy, there's extra files which aren't mentioned in the Mac directory listing.  If I just get the torrent file and start downloading, will the torrent file create the extra files, or will the resulting file be unreadable by Macs?