Computerworld: Sybase Offers Free Database For Linux

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Sep 14 11:11:59 CDT 2004

FYI, both sites appear to be Firefox/firebird/firefengle
friendly. About Sybase, they may be a little too late to the game,
but alternatively it offers a M$ -> Linux pathway for current
Sybase users. So I say anything that creates Linux opportunity and
choice is a good thing. Personally, I think MySQL is winning the DB
wars. With Postgres a close second. I wonder what Wal-Mart uses these days? They have a ***Monster*** DB and ***Monster*** transaction
activity.