sunbird remote calendar support with http proxies

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Mon Sep 13 21:11:23 CDT 2004

hanasaki wrote:
> It used to work like a champ for me with transparent proxies too.
>
> before
> ======
> inet <-> firewall + squid transparent <-> internal
>
> now
> =====
> inet <-> firewall <-> squid <-> privocity <-> internal
>
> Just haven't figured out how to make the "now" all transparent yet
>

> suggestions?

I'm not sure if this has any bearing on your immediate problem, but a
potential issue with Sunbird and proxies has to do with WebDAV.  WebDAV
(and DeltaV) add several HTTP methods (such as PROPFIND) that many
proxies may not handle.  We ran into this when we switched from CVS to
Subversion recently.  The Subersion FAQ has more information:

    http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#http-methods