Trouble with my new Compaq DL380

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Fri Sep 10 21:17:51 CDT 2004

Thanks to my son and husband, I may be rebuilding my new web server.  The
Compaq DL380 will not boot up.  It briefly acquires it's IP address but
after about 5 minutes, the IP address "disappears" from my network!  I've
tried two different monitors, once loads X, it "disappears" from the
monitors also!

I can get the server up booting from the CD and using linux rescue.  I was
able to run backups of MySQL data and backup all the pertinent files.  My
site is running on a "backup" workstation/server temporarily.

My question is - should I completely scrap this install of Fedora Core 2
on the Compaq DL380?  Do I have other alternatives?  I plan on tackling
this project tomorrow morning, so I hope a few of you will give me some
ideas and suggestions.

Baffled,

Jon Moss