[meta] Offtopic posting

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Wed Sep 8 22:21:14 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 19:24, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 September 2004 05:40 pm, Jason Clinton wrote:
>
> > Offtopic posts are par for the game, of course. But it would be nice
> > if people still put [OT] in the subject so that they landed in my
> > Offtopic folder which I only paruse when I have nothing better
> > to be doing (not very often these days).
>
> Gee, I'm sorry Jason, we had not received notice of this important time-saving
> plan of yours, nor had we received the Official Judging Criteria by which we
> were supposed to pre-classify our posts for your convenience.  Given the
> limited on-topic content of your own recent posts, I'm not surprized that
> this list poses a major time-management problem for you.

It's a request; not an edict. Had I the power to issue edicts (and it's
probably good that I don't), you would have been banned from this list
about two years ago.

As for the personal attacks, I'm sure that if you were to grep your mail
logs you would find that all my posts (with exception to responding to
Lucas and this one) in the last three months have been about computers.

As far as I'm concerned, the above crosses the acceptable behavior line.