Let's consider a get together - Was: (Re: gmail)

Dustin Decker dustin.decker at 1on1security.com
Sat Sep 4 21:05:17 CDT 2004

> -----Original Message-----
> From: L. Adrian Griffis [mailto:adrian at nerds.org]
> Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 4:04 PM
> To: Dustin Decker
> Cc: kclug at kclug.org
> Subject: Re: Let's consider a get together - Was: (Re: gmail)
[snip]

> Sounds like a good idea, to me.
>
> Adrian

Ah, now there's one of those fellas I've not seen since... oh what was it,
Linuxfest 2000?  (Anyone remember that mess?)

Well - I myself am somewhat central to Kansas City - I've got a place in
Hyde Park.  Now before everyone gets concerned about crime and the like, I'm
exception to the rule in that I live in historic Janssen Place.  There are
several multi-million dollar homes on the block, and thus we are somewhat
immune to crime because of some folks with bucks who know someone else and
dialing 911 from here apparently means something.  Oh and lets not forget, I
AM a geek with a gun so... <snicker>

I think this would have to be a weekend for sure if I host.  Next weekend,
Saturday the 11th would really be good for me, but is kinda short notice.
It _is_ a significant date for most Americans too, so perhaps a bad call,
but I'm willing to make something good of it.  The next opportunity for me
would be Saturday September 25th.

I'm inclined to say the 11th... but would prefer to be accommodating as
well.  Everyone concerned, please let me know what you think, and I'll
probably be ready to post invitations to LUG lists by Tuesday.

Dustin