Let's consider a get together - Was: (Re: gmail)

Dustin Decker dustin.decker at 1on1security.com
Fri Sep 3 20:33:29 CDT 2004

I, for one, am most appreciative of the folks with gmail invites who chose
to share them with this list.  Bravo, great community spirit, etc.

Say, it's been quite a while since I've seen some of your faces - and some
I've surely never met at all.  I've been missing my pals from KULUA as well,
but since they don't meet regularly, at least I have an excuse.  In that
vein, I've been thinking of throwing another "social" (troll the KULUA
archives to find out why they long ago quit calling them "meetings") to
bring many of these folks once again into close proximity.

It makes a lot of sense to me that if such an event is likely to occur with
low frequency (like an annual summer BBQ or whatever), it might function
well if members of all LUGs in the KC area be invited to attend.
I'm thinking of KULUA, KCLUG, ILUG, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I've got ample space to host such an
event.

Dustin Decker